Delivery, returns and refunds
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATES REGARDING THE DELIVERIES TO THE UK
1. With the current situation that is developing around the world, couriers and shipping agents are overwhelmed, understaffed and struggling to keep up with demand.
On a daily basis, the UK Customs implement new restrictions concerning the imports from countries classified as “high risk countries”, Portugal included.
We advise to expect delays in the arrival of your parcel by some days. Rest assured, we will do our upmost to ensure all parcels are sent out on time, and with the situation developing each day we hope that arrival times will improve.
Please understand that there is little we can do once a parcel has been sent in terms of locating and we advise contacting couriers first.
2. The wooden boxes that are shown in the product pictures alongside with the bottles are not included in orders from the UK, by default, due restrictions imposed by the British Customs. In case you are interested in the aforementioned boxes, please get in touch with us, so we can send them to you (it may implicate an additional cost). The same restrictions apply for deliveries to the USA.
•Our deliveries are usually made between 8am and 6pm (these might change depending on the country of delivery), Monday to Friday.
•Orders are fulfilled and shipped on a first come, first served basis. As a rule, orders will be shipped the following working day. Orders will only be shipped after receipt of payment.
•You should be aware that delivery lead times are estimated times. Delivery lead times might change due to factors out of our control, such as bank holidays, weekends, festive dates, time zones and custom clearances. If the carrier attempts a delivery and the customer is not at home at that moment, the delivery lead time might change;
•All orders are shipped with the corresponding waybill.
•Delivery costs are free for orders over: €50 on mainland Portugal, €100 to Spain and €150 to remaining countries where we deliver. For orders that amount to less, the exact delivery costs will be calculated per order.
•In order to obtain free shipping, you should register yourself in Uva Wine Shop. Please note that free shipping is not available for clients who work for either Sogevinus or ABANCA.
•Uva Wine Shop delivers to the following countries: Portugal, Spain, the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and the United States. If your country of delivery is not listed here, please contact us on email address email@example.com and we will check if possible to deliver.
•After being shipped, orders will normally take the following time to be delivered to you:
- between 48 and 96 hours on mainland Portugal;
- between 4 and 5 working days to mainland Spain;
- between 6 and 8 working days to German, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, France, Austria, Italy, Denmark and Poland;
- between 8 and 14 working days to the UK (only 6 bottles can be shipped at a time)
- between 8 and 10 days to the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania and Sweden;
- between 9 and 11 days to Finland;
- between 11 and 15 days to the Republic of Ireland (only 6 bottles can be shipped at a time);
- Between 4 and 5 weeks to the United States.
•Uva Wine Shop is not responsible for international deliveries that might get retained at the country of delivery's customs. Any customs charges should be paid by you, as well as the price of the new delivery.
• The wooden and cardboard boxes shown in the photographs of our products are not included in shipments to the United Kingdom, the United States and the Republic of Ireland;
•Products on sale on our website are subject to existing stock, Orders are fulfilled on a first come, first served basis and will only be shipped after receipt of payment. When a product is out of stock, whether temporarily or permanently, we will inform you and suggest an alternative similar product. If not possible to replace the product, we will refund its amount in full, without additional costs;
•If you are paying by Multibanco, the order should be paid in full within 24 hours, otherwise the order will be cancelled;
•Prices shown are in Euro and include VAT at the legal applicable rate;
•Uva Wine Shop is an eCommerce platform directed at the final consumer. As such we accept orders up to a maximum of 18 bottles of Port wines and 48 bottles of non-fortified wines per customer per month.
Our returns policy is applicable within 30 calendar days of purchase date. We cannot offer you a refund if more than 30 days have gone by since the date of your purchase.
To return your product, please fill in the following form: clickable link. Please print filled-in form and place it inside the package together with the product to be returned.
If you need any help filling in the form, please contact our Customer Service team.
When posting your return please send it to the following address:
Centro Logístico da Barros
Avenida Manoel Oliveira
4400-475 Vila Nova de Gaia
GPS coordinates: 41º7'52.014"N 8º37'19.009"W
Please note we can only accept returns if the bottles are unopened and the product is in the exact same condition as it was when you received it. If the bottles were sent in special boxes, these should also be returned.
We recommend you return the products in their original outer packaging. If you no longer have the original packaging or if it is damaged, you may use a different package. However, we are not liable for any damages that might occur during transport.
Uva Wine Shop reserves the right to not accept items which do not conform to the above requirements.
If the order is delivered to you with any damaged items, please return those as soon as possible placing photos on the required space in the returns form. You should include clear photos of the front of the product, and of the back label of the bottle, including its seal. In this case, Uva Wine Shop will arrange a date and time for collection and will inform you accordingly so you can prepare the package for collection.
In the unlikely event there is a quality issue with the product itself, we will test it as soon as we receive it back at our facilities and the results will be informed to you as soon as available. If the quality of the product is proven unsatisfactory, Uva Wine Shop will refund you the original shipping costs and will replace the defaulted items, delivering them at no cost to you. If the quality of the product is proven satisfactory, there will be no refund and you will need to order again, if you so wish.
If you have requested to be refunded on the returns form, we will send you an email confirming reception of the returned items as soon as we receive them.
The refund will be processed immediately, subject to processing timings in your country and the payment mode you used.
If you have any questions related to your refund, please contact us through any of the following:
- Online chat, available on the lower right corner of all our website's pages;
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Phone number: +351 229 983 280 (between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday);
- Whatsapp: +351 910 989 898 (between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday).
Note: If an item purchased when on offer is returned, the refund will be the amount paid by you when your purchased it, even if the item since then is no longer on offer.
You may appeal to one of the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes entities, whose contacts details are made available on the website of the Directorate-General for Consumer Protection. For more information please go to: